(BRONSON) - An electrical short is being called the probable cause of a fire Friday night which destroyed a home in Branch County's Bethel Township. The blaze at 541 South Snow Prairie Road broke out just after 9:00pm. Bronson Assistant Fire Chief Ken Stutzman says flames were coming out of the upstairs windows. Home owner Rene Rodriguez was not home at the time the fire broke out but arrived about five minutes after firefighters got to the scene. A passer by called the fire in. Damage was estimated at $50,000. Stutzman says the home owner had insurance. No injuries were reported. Firefighters were on the scene for about three hours. Bronson crews were assisted by firefighters from Coldwater and Lakeland. They also got assistance from the Michigan State Police, Lifecare Ambulance and Consumers Energy.